Aerides rosea is an species in the genus Aerides.
Description[edit | edit source]
Plant blooms in the summer with twenty to twenty five 3.5 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Distribution[edit | edit source]
Plants are found growing on rocks in the forest of Vietnam, Thailand, Sikkim, Bhutan and Assam at elevations of 300 to 1700 meters
Culture[edit | edit source]
Plants are best grown hung in baskets or mounted and require bright to full sunlight and warm temperatures. If hung the roots must be watered frequently. Plants should be grown in media that is well drained such as tree fern fibers (for small plants), several pieces of coarse fir bark, or sphagnum moss. Plants are best mounted.
Naming[edit | edit source]
Common Names: The Rose Colored Aerides
Synonyms[edit | edit source]
- Aerides affine var. roseum (Lodd. ex Lindl. & Paxton) C.S.P.Parish 1883
- Aerides fieldingi Lodd. ex E. Morren 1876
- Aerides fieldingii Jenn. ?
- Aerides fieldingii var. album L.Linden 1897
- Aerides fieldingii var. williamsii (R.Warner) H.J.Veitch 1891
- Aerides roseum f. album (L.Linden) Christenson 1994
- Aerides williamsii Warner 1862