Brassavola nodosa is a species in the genus Brassavola
Plant blooms from spring to summer with five to seven 8.75 cm wide flowers.
Plant are found growing in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Caymans, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Puerto Rico, French Guaian, Surinam, Guyana, Venzuela, Colombia and Brazil at elevations of 0 to 500 meters.
Plant prefer dry outs when pseudobulbs complete growth. Water about once every week. Fertilize about once every two weeks during growing season. Plant grows in medium to bright light and intermediate to warm temperatures. Pot in perlite and medium bark or in full sphagnum moss. Plant is best grown mounted.
Common Name:Lady of the Night, Knobby Brassavola
- Bletia nodosa Rchb.f 1861
- Bletia rhopalorrhachis (Rchb.f.) Rchb.f. 1862
- Brassavola gillettei Jones 1967
- Brassavola grandiflora Lindley 1839
- Cymbidium nodosum Sw. 1799
- *Epidendrum nodosum L. 1753