Coelogyne speciosa is a species of Coelogyne found in East Asia.
Plants bloom from spring to summer with one to three 7.5 cm flowers per an inflorescence. Flowers are fragrant.
Coelogyne speciosa is found in Malaysia, Borneo, Java and Sumatra at elevations of 700 to 2000 meters growing on the rain forest floor and in trees.
Plants are usually grown in baskets. Plant grows in intermediate to warm temperatures with partial shade. Water regularly through the year. Pot in a well drain medium. Pot in a plastic or clay pot with a mix of fine fir bark, tree fern fibers, and perlite or pot in New Zealand sphagnum moss.
|Coelogyne speciosa variant||Sepals and petals are white. Lip is red|
Common name: The Beautiful Coelogyne
- Chelonanthera speciosa Bl. 1825
- Coelogyne speciosa subsp. fimbriata (J.J.Sm.) Gravend. 1999
- Coelogyne speciosa subsp. incarnata Gravend. 1999
- Coelogyne speciosa subsp. speciosa.
- Coelogyne speciosa var. fimbriata J.J.Sm. 1907
- Pleione speciosa (Blume) Kuntze 1891