Dendrobium gracilicaule is a species of genus Dendrobium
Plant blooms from late winter to spring with many 2.4 cm wide fragrant flowers
Plants are found growing on rocky slopes in Eastern Australia and New Caledonia at elevations of 0 to 600 meters.
Plant can grow from cool to warm temperatures and medium amounts of light. Keep plant moist and fertilize during growth season. During fall keep plant dry and withhold water until new shoots appear in the spring. Lightly mist plant during dormancy to prevent pseudo bulbs from shriveling. Grow in a well drain mix of sphagnum moss or medium fir bark. Plant can also be mounted.
|Dendrobium gracilicaule variant||Lip is white with yellow streak, sepals and petals are yellow.|
Common Names:The Delicate Stems Dendrobium
- Callista elongata (A.Cunn. ex Lindl.) Kuntze 1891
- Callista gracilicaulis (F. Muell.) Kuntze 1891
- Dendrobium brisbanense Rchb.f 1861
- Dendrobium elongatum A. Cunningham not Lindley 1839
- Dendrobium floribundum Rchb.f. 1875
- Dendrobium gracilicaule var. howeanum Maiden 1899
- Dendrobium macropus [Endl.]Rchb.f 1889 subsps. gracilicaule [F.Mueller]P.Green
- Dendrobium oscarii A.D.Hawkes & A.H.Heller 1957
- Thelychiton gracilicaulis (F.Muell.) M.A.Clem. & D.L.Jones 2002
- Tropilis gracilicaulis (F. Muell.) Butzin 1982