Dendrobium lawesii is a species of genus Dendrobium
The plant blooms year round with many 1.75 cm wide flowers.
Plant is found on trees in cool misty lowland forest of Irian Jaya, Papua New Guinea, Bougainville and the Solomon Islands at elevations of 800 to 2000 meters
Plant grows in cool to intermediate temperatures with medium amounts of light. Keep plant moist and fertilize during growth season. During winter reduce watering until new shoots appear. Grow in a well drain mix of sphagnum moss or medium fir bark. Plant can grow mounted.
|Dendrobium lawesii variant||Pink petals and sepals, Pink lip|
|Dendrobium lawesii variant||Pink petals and sepals with white tips, Pink lip|
Common Names:Lawes' Dendrobium
- Chromatotriccum delphinioides (R.S.Rogers) M.A.Clem. & D.L.Jones 2002
- Chromatotriccum lawesii (F.Muell.) M.A.Clem. & D.L.Jones 2002
- Dendrobium delphinioides R.S.Rogers 1925
- Dendrobium lawesii var. salmonicolor Schltr. 1912
- Dendrobium psuedomohlianum Krzl. ?
- Dendrobium warburgianum Krzl. 1891
- Pedilonum lawesii (F. Muell.) Rauschert 1983