Orchis simia is a plant of the family Orchidaceae that is found in Europe.
Plant is found growing in calcareous soil and open grasslands in Great Britain, Libya, Algeria, Spain, the Balaeric Islands, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Hungary, Switzerland, Italy, Yugoslavia, Albania, the eastern Aegean Islands, Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Crimea, Turkmeistan, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Jordan, Iraq and Iran at elevations of 0 to 1500 meters.
Plant blooms in the spring with many 2.75 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant with a pungent scent.
Plants prefer well-drained low-fertility soils and areas with partial shade. This species is cool to intermediate growing. Water regularly. Divide plant when flower fades.
|Orchis simia var. alba||Lip is white, sepals and petals are white|
Common name:The Monkey Orchis
- Orchis cercopitheca Poir 1798
- Orchis italica Lamarck ?
- Orchis linearis Tourlet 1903
- Orchis macra Lindley 1835
- Orchis militaris Sm. 1808
- Orchis smithii Sweet 1826
- Orchis taubertiana B.Baumann & H.Baumann 2001
- Orchis tephrosantha Vill 1779
- Orchis zoophora Tuil. 1799