Zygopetalum maculatum is a species of genus Zygopetalum
Plants bloom in the spring with eight to twelve 3.75 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plants are found in Peru, Bolivia and Brazil at elevations of 1100 to 2250 meters
Keep plant frost free and at cool to intermediate temperatures. Plant will tolerate temperatures of 28°C only for several hours. Keep plant in medium to bright light. Zygopetalums can take morning sun and filtered noon sunlight. Light green leaves with a bit of yellow indicates maximum sun light absorption. Zygopetalum potting media should not be allowed to dry out. Keep moist but not soggy. Water about every five to seven days. Plants should be potted in medium to fine bark with some perlite.
Common Names: The Spotted Zygopetalum
- Broughtonia maculata (Kunth) Spreng. 1826
- Dendrobium maculatum Kunth 1815
- Maxillaria maculata (Kunth) Lindl. 1832
- Zygopetalum mackayi Hook., 1827.
- Eulophia mackaiana Lindl., 1831.
- Zygopetalum velutinum Hoffmanns., 1842.
- Zygopetalum intermedium Lodd. ex Lindl., 1844.
- Zygopetalum intermedium Regel, 1855 nom. illeg.
- Zygopetalum rivieri Carrière, 1873).
- Zygopetalum intermedium var. peruvianum Rolfe, 1894).
- Zygopetalum bolivianum Schltr., 1922).